We have spoken to hundreds of supply chain executives over the years and based on what they want, we acknowledge that this opportunity may sound a bit too good to be true. We therefore confirm that following position is real and is in not a fabrication of the industry’s dream role…
• A food business that has experienced dramatic growth and has plenty more planned
• A company-wide strategy that is prioritising improvements in operational efficiencies to control cost and quality while supporting continued growth
• A high profile senior leadership role that is central to delivering both the current business plan and defining the long term direction of their supply chain
Surely this is a role that any exceptional supply chain leader should be interested in? If you are, please read this carefully before deciding whether to apply.
Reporting directly into the business COO, here is some more information on the role:
• Leadership of an international supply chain network, from inbound raw materials through to delivery to customer within a direct to consumer environment, including manufacturing, logistics, value-chain and facilities management and design
• Responsibility for the development of a future-state strategy that continues to deliver the business goals as the company grows upwards from a base of €1bn annual sales via market growth, launches in new countries and the extension of the existing product portfolio
• Cross functional collaboration with other elements of operations as the business seeks to improve cross-functional collaboration, project management, systems and data-driven decision-making
• There is a high level of travel likely required for the role
This is what we require from the right candidate:
• Most importantly, you will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with substantial change, you will be data-driven and very bright, strong on strategy but also pragmatic and down to earth when it comes to delivery
• A good balance between operations and strategy (ideally 50:50 experience split)
• You will have a background in manufacturing, ideally with experience of automation or involvement in major manufacturing capex projects
• You will have experience in leading a substantial physical supply chain, to include manufacturing and logistics
• You will have experience in strategy development with a track record of proposing and then delivering your own strategy
• You will be exceptional at change management
• Ideally you will have come from the food or FMCG industry
• A non-corporate mentality
So if this sound like a fit for you, please apply or contact Jeremy at Pod Talent on +44 (0)203 627 2420 for an initial conversation.
When you apply, please bear with us because we often get a substantial number of enquiries. We promise that everyone who applies will eventually get a response.