Role: Buyer- Fresh Produce
Sector: Food Service
Salary: £40-45k + Perks and Benefits
Calling all Fresh Produce superstars! I’m working with a successful and established fresh foods distribution business who are seeking an experienced Buyer to join their operation in the produce belt of the UK.
First and foremost- Fresh Produce should be your passion! This role is critical to ensuring the supply of fresh produce to customers in the UK and across Europe and you will be responsible for establishing and negotiating robust agreements with a network of fresh produce suppliers globally.
Alongside the end-to-end sourcing you will help develop a competitive product offering and you will intuitively know what your customers will love, all with a focus on commerciality and sustainability.
To flourish in this business you must have energy, drive and ambition and above all be adaptable- working in fresh produce can be a reactive industry so you need to be a natural problem-solver and able to identify and mitigate risk to supply at every turn.
Strong knowledge of the UK fresh produce supplier base is absolutely essential and candidates on the upward curve in their career will have a great opportunity to take ownership over their category, work autonomously and deliver results.
• Own and develop the sourcing strategy for seasonal Fresh Produce requirements
• Develop a deep understanding of who your customers are and what the core product offering is so you can source produce in line with the business’ sales strategy
• Negotiate commercial agreements for seasonal fresh produce supply that don’t compromise on quality
• Engage with technical experts across the business to improve quality and reduce wastage
• Be a fresh food fanatic- experience in Fresh Produce is absolutely essential and a hands-on buyer is what we’re looking for
• Be able to communicate effectively with various internal external stakeholders- you need to be credible in building intercompany relationships
• Be creative in your approach, able to find solutions to the challenges the unique business model presents
• Have strong experience in end-to-end procurement and supply chain in a Food Service / Food Retail business
• Confident user of Microsoft Suite, advanced Excel and competent with ERP
If you feel that you suit these requirements please send your CV to email@example.com or call the Pod Talent office on +44(0)203 627 2420 to discuss the opportunity further.