Role: NPD Buyer (Sourcing Extraordinaire)
Sector: Retail Start-Up / Manufacturing
Location: West London
Salary: £35-40k + Perks & Benefits
A bit about the company…
My client is a start-up that truly values out-of-the-box thinking and a passion for learning at every level. Operating a unique D2C subscription model my client ships over one million units annually and turnover has doubled YOY in the past three years. Working in a company that’s just six years old, but is growing substantially means that you may have to wear many hats, but you will learn, develop and grow substantially in a short space of time.
A bit about the day to day role…
As with most start-ups this isn’t your average Buying role! Your remit covers Sourcing, Planning and Project Coordination as well as the usual administration duties such as contract management, maintaining technical files and bill of materials.
You will work closely with the NPD team to coordinate product development and establish a network of high quality suppliers to provide the best raw materials for production. The Marketing and Supply Chain teams will define the forecast but you will be responsible for translating demand into a production plan, ensuring the supply of raw materials and manage Pricing/Margin effectively.
What knowledge and experience you need to possess…
• Experience in a similar Supply Planning / Buying role in a manufacturing or retail business
• Good Project Management experience, launching new products and working with NPD team
• Knowledge of Raw Materials and Packaging such as paper, corrugates, paint, decorations, films, wood, craft supplies etc
• Great interpersonal skills, be a strong negotiator, work well with both internal and external stakeholders
• Loyalty and passion for the brand you represent and a willingness to muck in with the team when required
• Excellent Excel Skills- ability to analyse large data sets
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical area- Engineering, Finance or Maths is preferred
• Right to work in the UK
If you’re up for a challenge and think this role is right up your street please get in touch today! Drop your CV over to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, apply through the website or give us a call on 0203 627 2420.