Coty- Beauty, Celebrated and Liberated.
Pod Talent are excited to be partnering with Coty Manufacturing Ltd on a project to support the development of a world class European Manufacturing Hub based in Ashford, Kent. As one of the world’s largest beauty businesses and home to leading cosmetics brands Rimmel, Max Factor and Bourjois, Coty have big aspirations to become a global industry leader and challenger in the beauty sector. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global business in a significant period of growth who are looking for people that have a hunger to learn, own their performance and want to achieve success.
Multi-Skilled Line Engineer
Coty is an award winning manufacturer and we are looking for a Multi-skilled Line Engineer to support the Ashford factory engineering function. The role will be assisting with capital projects, engineering budgets and day-to-day engineering support. We are looking for both Mechanical and Electrical-biased Engineers to join the team on a full-time, permanent basis.
Primary responsibilities of the role:
• Support the management of the maintenance and engineering function to ensure optimum operation within the Organisation.
• Identify productivity and cost saving opportunities, and the support of capital projects.
• Assist in devising and implementing an appropriate maintenance strategy for the range of assets within the Value Stream. Control this using a PPM review system.
• Working in-conjunction with the CEM (NPD), Cell Managers and Process Engineers, support the introduction of new products, helping to identify new equipment and tooling requirements to ensure product quality, costs and launch dates are achieved.
• Assist the CEM in managing key engineering budget and overhead costs.
• Assist in the completion of the CQV process, clean design guidelines and Coty Inc.
• Ensure all equipment is maintained on a scheduled basis and new equipment/tooling guarantees all products produced meet the required quality specification.
• To participate in the Organisation’s robust program of continuous improvement which will ensure the manufacturing costs, quality of products and service levels are competitive.
• Support the drive of OEE improvement through SMED design and reduction of machine stoppages.
• To support Lean Manufacturing activities like RIE’s, AM, and PM.
Required Qualifications or Experience:
• Proven Maintenance Engineering experience in a fast-moving industry (FMCG, Pharma, cosmetics etc)
• Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship / ONC / HNC Qualified
• Factory based engineering experience is preferred
• PLC programming skills (Omron / Siemens essential)
• Knowledge of robotic systems
• Excellent electrical / mechanical fault-finding skills and examples from time in role
• Proactively seeks improvement, is a solution provider and a problem solver
• Makes innovation happen within real-life constraints
• Thrives on challenges and keeps a healthy attitude under pressure
Available Shifts (Dependent on role)
Alternating Days (6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm)
Weekends (Alternating 6am-6pm)
Salary & Benefits
Competitive basic salary and exceptional Shift Allowance
Generous Benefits package