Role: Procurement Category Manager (Property & FM)
Industry: FMCG / Retail / Services
Location: North West
Salary: £40-50k + plus Bonus and Exceptional Benefits
Through business growth and a transformation that will see a number of strategic projects delivered over the next five years, my client has identified a need for a Procurement Manager specialising in Property and FM to join their established indirect procurement team.
Joining this business you will work alongside a team of c. 50 procurement professionals who share the same goal in delivering value through long-term strategic partnerships with their suppliers, focusing on sustainable sourcing and effective contract management.
We’re looking for candidates who have strong Category Management experience, having held ownership over developing strategy and managing considerable spend amounts (up to £50m).
To be successful in this role you need to possess exceptional stakeholder skills and be great at building relationships with the colleagues across the business. It’s a very collaborative environment, so lone rangers won’t last long!
Along with the strategic aspects of the role, you will manage the day to day sourcing, SRM and contract management for your category and deliver on expected savings targets.
What we’d like to see:
• Expert procurement knowledge in the areas of Property, Facilities Management, Real Estate, Leasing etc
• An understanding beyond strategic sourcing, an innovative mind and the vision to make plans that will deliver long-term value
• Be skilled in contract management and able to execute contract negotiations that adhere to company Supplier Governance and Risk Management principles
• Proven delivery of results including savings and value efficiencies
Ideal Background / Qualifications
• Degree qualified in a commercial or technical discipline ie. Finance or Engineering
• MCIPS advantageous but not essential
• Experience working in a large, complex and fast paced business
• Category Management principles
• Knowledgeable in systems and ERP- Excel, SAP or similar
• Independent right to work in the UK (sponsorship not possible)
If this role is of interest to you please apply now or get in contact with Lauren.Stacey@pod-talent.com!