Role: Sourcing Specialist
Sector: Start – Up / Retail / Manufacturing
Location: Hounslow, Greater London
Salary: £30-35k+ Benefits & Perks
I’m looking for a super-sharp buyer who is ready to build a procurement career in a business that shuns the constraints of the big, corporate world but is fast-paced, entrepreneurial and has a culture of high-performance and high reward.
We are delighted to be working with one of the most successful, quickly expanding, disruptive start-ups to enter the UK market in recent years. With a unique service offering, high end manufacturing facilities and exceptional internal technology, they are challenging to be a top player in their market - and are making ground quickly!
From a procurement perspective, they are now at a point where they need to implement sustainable procedures that will support the business through the continued growth but won’t compromise on quality, cost or innovation.
You will be stepping in to support the Procurement Manager and will immediately take ownership over a handful of categories- Indirect or Direct depending on your experience! Whether it’s Raw Materials, Packaging, Marketing or Logistics there will be lots to learn and you will need to be able to hit the ground running (there’s no room for passengers!)
Culturally they have a great office atmosphere and are a hard-working bunch who strive for excellence- a great place to build the foundations of a rewarding and successful procurement career!
The general day to day bits:
• Take the lead on your own procurement projects and manage everything from liaising with suppliers on quotations, analysing spend, negotiating and drafting contracts and of course, excellent ongoing Supplier Relationship management
• Partner with other key functions and take them on a journey with procurement, generating interest from key stakeholders and getting buy-in to your mission
• Develop robust category plans and innovate alongside your suppliers to future-proof the supply chain for continued growth
• Manage your own budget and apply exceptional commercial acumen to every situation
What we’re looking for:
• Time spent in a similar Purchasing role with budget ownership or exposure to Supply Chain/Buying through a Graduate Program
• Experience in Indirect Procurement or Directs/Raw Materials Purchasing is equally desirable- being able to demonstrate an in depth understanding of procurement processes is more important!
• Full RFP/RFQ, tender and contract negotiation experience
• A sound understanding of supply chain processes, or even exposure to the movement of Goods across multiple sites would be really handy
• Degree Educated, and if you’re part qualified in CIPS already or keen to enrol then you will be supported through your studies
• Data-loving and highly analytical, Advanced Excel is a must and experience with MRP systems too.
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity further, please get in touch with your CV today! Contact me directly at email@example.com or 0203 627 2420