Senior Procurement Manager – Marketing
Are you up for the challenge? While you would be joining a cost-focused business initially, for this role you will need to bring transformation experience and hands-on procurement skills to assist in elevating this procurement function to a best-in-class level.
The business is emerging from a transformation following a growth and acquisition phase of new brands that has opened up more opportunity to shift to a true strategic procurement function- there is a need to adapt to new ways of working, find synergies between business processes and look for new opportunities that deliver tangible results
Your remit covers a large portfolio of Digital and Media spend so strong Marketing procurement experience is required- we aren’t looking for a specialist in any one category but if you have proven experience as a
Category Manager with a few sub-categories under your belt that is ideal.
The ideal candidate must be forward-thinking and have a strategic mind-set with proven results from development to execution. You must be adaptable, tenacious and have an appetite for change and most of all be comfortable delivering in a cost-focused environment!
• Develop and lead the procurement of various Marketing Services across the UK & IE
• Identify and manage contract negotiations, ensuring price, quality and service targets exceed business expectations
• Contribute to the development of the UK & Ireland category strategy and lead it at a local level.
• Manage the sourcing cycle and building strong relationships with suppliers (high volume of tendering and multiple stakeholders to engage with)
• Develop savings ideas for UK&I categories and define robust and appropriate savings plans
• Promote innovation, bring in breakthrough ideas and best-in-class approaches.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience within Marketing Procurement (Digital, Media, Print, POS) and expert in Category Management principles
• Industry experience in FMCG, Retail, Personal Care or Pharma or similar blue chip business
• Higher education in Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance, Business or other relevant discipline. CIPS advantageous
• Strong leadership qualities and exceptional stakeholder engagement, interpersonal and relationship building skills
If this role is of interest please apply now or get in contact with Ross.Harrison@pod-talent.com.