Food Buying Manager – London - £45,000-£60,000
This super exciting food start-up has a unique opportunity for an experienced food buyer and people manager to head up a key category in this agile business. Strong knowledge of the UK fresh food supplier base is key and candidates on the upward curve in their career will have the opportunity to take ownership over their category, work autonomously and deliver results without super-corporate constraints.
The more food categories you have under your belt, the better, as the product range changes frequently and the NPD team are constantly delivering new and updated briefs that the purchasing team must translate into robust sourcing strategies.
• Own and develop the sourcing strategy for Fresh Food / Ambient ingredients
• Have a deep understanding of who the customers are and what the core product offering is, so you can develop and source ingredients that ‘fit the brief’
• Be able to negotiate agreements that deliver competitive advantage but don’t compromise quality
• Understand, predict and manage commodity price movements
• Work closely with the Food and Product teams to understand their requirements and come with an innovative mind-set
• Be a fresh food fanatic- experience in Fresh Food, Chilled and Ambient categories. Protein and Produce experience is essential!
• Come with c.6 years’ experience in the food manufacturing or retail industry
• Understand the complexities of start-ups or SMEs
• Degree educated, CIPS advantageous, high level of commercial acumen and excellent analytical skills
• Be able to communicate effectively with various internal stakeholders- there’s no hiding in this business!
• Be creative in your approach, able to find solutions to the challenges the unique business model presents
• Independent right to work in the UK
If this role is of interest please apply now or get in contact with Ross.Harrison@pod-talent.com.