Title: Category Manager – Logistics
We are recruiting for a Global Category Manager - Logistics with experience in ocean and air freight, to join a complex, global business with focus on sustainability.
The Category Manager is to carry out commercial and strategic aspects of logistics purchasing for the portfolio of items. He/She will be allocated to procure a specific category and works closely and in cooperation with: all stakeholders (BU) functions.
• Developing sourcing strategies for the assigned logistics category. These strategies should be in line with the company’s Purchasing strategy.
• To seek synergy, and where appropriate, support working with stakeholders.
• To have a broad understanding of Best Practices
• Work on process optimisation
• To develop negotiate, monitor and manage supply agreements in line with the approved/agreed source plans.
• Establishes both mid-and long term agreements with Logistic suppliers
• Work on logistics value engineering projects
• 4+ years relevant working experience in procurement logistics experience in ocean and air freight
• Solid understanding of international up / downstream logistics preferably within the manufacturing Industry or alternatively 3PL Logistics
• Experience with Supply Chain / Logistics network optimisation
• Has experience with logistics project management
• Strong background in logistics operations + some strategic procurement experience
• Minimum Bachelor degree
• Language Skills: Fluent in English. Additional languages are a plus
If this role is of interest please apply now or get in contact with Teodora.Ivanova@pod-talent.com!