Position: Customs Coordinator
Location: East Midlands
Salary: £24- 27K
Pod is partnering with a leading fashion business in search for a driven candidate to their team as a Customs Coordinator. You will be the go-to person for customs related international trade knowledge to support their EU import volumes and future international exports.
- To support the global compliance team with classifications, valuations duty reliefs, GSP etc.
- To support the processing of CFSP imports
- To assist the business in its application for and future ongoing maintenance of AEO accreditation
- To ensure all HMRC Approvals & Authorisation are maintained
- Duty planning (collaboration with internal teams to verify tariff classification, duty rate and documentary requirements)
- To support in the training of others across the business on HMRC Regimes, Processes & Procedures
- To write and maintain SOPs with the aim of standardising processes and ensuring compliance across all associated functions
- Strong knowledge of customs clearance documentation and checks
- Previous experience in creating, checking and processing relevant documentation
- Knowledge of Grosvenor International Systems - Ricardo duty management system advantageous
- Experienced with shipments from the Far East, Indian Sub-Continent or USA ideal
- The ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication, organisational and team playing skills
- Strong attention to detail with strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient IT skills across MS office
This is a great opportunity to join a leading and exciting business operating in a fast-paced environment. if the above sounds like you and you are ready to embark on a new challenge, this is your chance to apply.
Or contact me on: