I am working on an Assistant Project Engineer role with a leading UK retailer based in East Midlands.
As Assistant Project Engineer your role will be to support with the implementation & delivery of work streams, as part of the development of engineering projects to transition the total network of the business. Providing management & technical support to your line Manager in order to achieve the overall goals of the project team
Although based in East Midlands, the role will involve travel across sites nationally.
Key accountabilities and measures
• Interpret data and requirements for customers to support with the delivery of the projects.
• Review solutions related to the Clothing & Home, Foods or Internal strategy, providing input where appropriate.
• Monitor supplier performance against agreed milestones and report on progress and any issues on a continuous basis.
• Become a subject matter expert within your functional work stream providing support to other teams.
• Effectively communicate with both internal & external project stakeholders
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with the wider team, suppliers and end users.
The successful candidate:
• Strong educational background to degree level in Logistics or Engineering
• Proficient using MS Office applications including Microsoft Project
• Effective time management.
• Effective and clear communication (written & verbal) with both internal and external stakeholders
• Self-starter, motivated by continuous improvement and aware of the power of engineering in project delivery
• Knowledge of: MHE Systems as well as solutions and suppliers of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Warehouse Control Systems (WCS)
• Ability to read and interpret drawings
• Previous experience working on projects within a fast-paced environment
• Strong and demonstrative analysis and problem-solving capabilities
• Good presentation, communication and decision-making skills
• Full UK Driving Licence.
A basic salary of up to £30,000 will be offered to the right candidate.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply now or get in contact with Jordan.email@example.com