I am working on a Project Engineering role with a leading UK retailer based in East Midlands.
Reporting to the Project Manager you will lead the implementation & delivery of work streams, as part of the development of engineering projects to transition the total network of the business. Providing management & technical support to your line Manager in order to achieve the overall goals of the project team
Although based in East Midlands, the role will involve travel across sites nationally.
Key accountabilities and measures
• Understand key business aims related to assigned projects
• Where required, interpret and collate business requirements producing documentation to be approved by the project sponsor and senior stakeholders
• Develop, implement and manage all elements relating to projects and their full life cycle
• Understand customer requirements, identifying and addressing any design parameters and engineering problems, ensuring appropriate solutions are implemented
• Design and review solutions supporting the Logistics Strategy for Clothing & Home, Foods and International.
• Examine specifications & drawings ensuring that all solutions fulfil the agreed business requirements.
• The Identification and management of 3rd party contractors to ensure that all equipment is fit for purpose, work is undertaken in a safe and controlled environment and project budgets and timelines are adhered to.
• Manage supplier performance against agreed milestones and report on progress and any issues.
• Manage relationships with suppliers, keeping on top of and resolving any issues
• Communicate effectively with both internal & external project stakeholders, ensuring any ambiguity is managed appropriately.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with the professional team, suppliers and end users
• Ensure all works are carried out within the Health and Safety guidelines, and in line with Risk and Method statements
• Strong educational background to degree level in Logistics or Engineering
• At least 5 years’ experience within FMCG or Manufacturing in project lead/manager capacity
• Proficient using MS Office applications including Microsoft Project
• Qualified Prince 2 Practitioner
• Knowledge of: MHE Systems as well as solutions and suppliers of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Warehouse Control Systems (WCS)
• Experience in Project Engineering from design through to implementation including Mezzanine and Racking structures and office space and Ancillary areas
• Commercially astute with the ability to read and interpret drawings
• Highly motivated by continuous improvement and engineering required for project delivery
• Self-starter who’s innovative and works to resolve challenging issues
• Ability to work in a calm and controlled manner in a fast-moving environment
• Team player who has strong coaching & influencing skills, with the ability to motivate a team to deliver outstanding results
• Excellent organisation skills with proven experience in budgetary control & time management
• Strong presentation, communication and decision-making skills
A basic salary of up to £47,000 will be offered to the right candidate along with a company car.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply now or get in contact with Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org