I am working on a Supply Chain Project Manager role with a leading UK retailer based in Northamptonshire. They’re looking for someone to plan, manage and deliver large scale Supply Chain Projects across the business.
Although based in Northamptonshire, the role will involve regular international travel to work on Warehouse design & build and automation projects across Europe.
Key accountabilities and measures
• Managing huge projects, taking a hands-on approach from conception through to delivery
• Where required, interpret and collate business requirements producing documentation to be approved by the project sponsor and senior stakeholders
•To ensure all agreed KPI’s are measured and achieved
• Understand customer requirements, identifying and addressing any design parameters and engineering problems, ensuring appropriate solutions are implemented
• Work closely with the Operations team to ensure understanding and acceptance of the projects
• Examine specifications & drawings ensuring that all solutions fulfil the agreed business requirements.
• The Identification and management of 3rd party contractors to ensure that all equipment is fit for purpose, work is undertaken in a safe and controlled environment and project budgets and timelines are adhered to.
• Manage supplier performance against agreed milestones and report on progress and any issues.
• Manage relationships with suppliers, keeping on top of and resolving any issues
• Communicate effectively with both internal & external project stakeholders, ensuring any ambiguity is managed appropriately.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with the professional team, suppliers and end users
• Ensure all works are carried out within the Health and Safety guidelines, and in line with Risk and Method statements
• Educated to degree level in Logistics or Engineering
• At least 4 years’ experience managing large warehouse design, automation and system implementation projects
• Proficient using MS Office applications including Microsoft Project
• Certification in Project Management
• Knowledge of: MHE Systems as well as solutions and suppliers of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Warehouse Control Systems (WCS)
• Previous experience delivering projects in Europe – having a second language would be a benefit
• Previous experience working in a fast-paced Supply Chain environment
• Experience in Project Engineering from design through to implementation stage
• Commercially astute with the ability to read and interpret drawings
• Team player who has strong coaching & influencing skills, with the ability to motivate a team to deliver outstanding results
• Excellent organisation skills with proven experience in budgetary control & time management
• Strong presentation, communication and decision-making skills
A salary of up to £75,000 will be offered to the right candidate along with car allowance and an attractive bonus package.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply now or get in contact with Jordan.email@example.com