Senior Customs Compliance Manager
£60-70,000 + car + bonus
We are working with a fast growing, global pharmaceutical business based on the Berkshire / Buckinghamshire border who are going through an exciting period of change/expansion.
We are looking for an experienced Customs Compliance Manager who can work in a start-up type environment; defining best practice, driving compliance and someone to help facilitate the global expansion into new markets.
• Develops a best practice Customs compliant program; drives internal controls to sustain compliance
• Ensuring adherence to the compliance program and regulatory requirements
• Act as a subject matter expert for trade compliance; serve as central point of contact for interaction with government officials and customers’ and suppliers’ compliance representatives.
• Prepare, review, and submit applications for import/export licenses, permits and other government authorizations
• Liaison with logistics and operations to drive efficiency and cost savings in the transportation of raw materials and finished goods
• Review and standardize the use of third party service providers (e.g., customs brokers, logistics) for improved compliance and cost savings
• 8+ years of EU Customs and Trade experience, preferably within the pharmaceutical environment
• Experience working in a government / highly regulated environment
• Comprehensive understanding of internal controls, compliance, ethics, EU Customs regulations, other government agency regulations and Custom broker processes
• Proficiency with trade compliance systems and ability to research transactions and prepare reports in SAP. SAP experience is preferred
• An autonomous individual with strong communication and influencing skills
If you feel you meet the requirements above, then please feel free to apply today or get in contact with Alex.Scott@pod-talent.com!