Title: Category Buyer
Sector: FMCG / Food Manufacturing
I’m excited to be working on a very unique opportunity with an iconic British food manufacturer who have bold plans to transform their purchasing and supply chain department from a ‘start-up’ feel to a best-in-class procurement function. For this role I am looking to speak with procurement candidates that have experience in transformation and managing cross-functional cost-reduction programmes in a food-manufacturing environment, and whose procurement expertise is in Direct Materials with a specific focus on commodities.
In this role you will be representing a number of heritage British brands and have the backing of a global parent company, and will be tasked with supporting the Head of Purchasing to build a robust procurement framework and a ‘way’ of doing procurement that is unique to the business but also respected in the market.
From an operational perspective you will be responsible for the strategic sourcing of commodities across 3 sites, c. £20m spend and targeted on Cost and Quality.
As a successful candidate you won’t be joining a BAU procurement function so you must be comfortable working in smaller environments, have an exceptionally strong growth mind-set and bring a balance of high energy and experience to the role. This role is a great opportunity to develop both personally and professionally. You must also have a willingness to travel to manufacturing sites across the UK
The extra bits & pieces….
- Must have a min. 5 years’ procurement experience in ingredients sourcing. Exposure to commodities spend is a bonus!
- Experience in the Food-manufacturing sector, or similarly FMCG/Pharma to understand the complexities of manufacturing and the UK/EU supply base
- Comfortable leading cross-functional projects and a superstar stakeholder manager
- Degree and MCIPS qualified, people management experience
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK- unfortunately my client cannot sponsor!
I’m looking to shortlist for this role over the next two weeks with the view to hold first stage interviews in August WK1, so if you’re interested in finding out more please get in touch! firstname.lastname@example.org